The history of the Clifford-Shoemaker Funeral Home is one of caring, dedication, respect, integrity, honesty and fair dealings. It all began in 1905 when Mr. and Mrs. H.L. Weller came to Cuyahoga Falls to start their own funeral business.
Their funeral parlor was located in a small room on South Front Street later moving to 101 North Third Street, where a temporary building was erected to carry on the steadily increasing business.
They quickly outgrew their Third Street location moving to their present location at 1930 Front Street. The new facility was one of the finest funeral homes in Ohio. The building was carefully planned in every detail; arranged as to offer the very finest service possible.
In 1958 the Weller Funeral Home was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. William H. Clifford and renamed the Clifford Funeral Home. Over the years the business continued to prosper as more and more families moved into the area. In 1979 Ken & Marlene "Marty" Shoemaker, Clifford's son-in-law and daughter, joined the firm and in 1989 the business name was changed to the Clifford-Shoemaker Funeral Home.
In 2012 an on-site Crematory was added to better serve families choosing cremation.
Today, the Clifford-Shoemaker Funeral Home continues to be family owned and operated under the direction of Ken and Marlene's son, Steve Shoemaker carrying on the business on as a 3rd generation family business. The entire staff of dedicated professionals at Clifford-Shoemaker Funeral Home offer all families the same high quality level of caring, professional, affordable service as they did in 1905.